The ODHE Network meets four times a year, with physical events in October and June and virtual events in December and March.
Dates for 2021 – 2022
- 21 – 22 October 2021 – Crewe Hall, Crewe
- 8 December 2021 – whole-day virtual event
- 16 March 2022 – whole-day virtual event
- 9 – 10 June 2022 – Chilworth Manor, Southampton
Membership benefits and fees are shown below. At residential events, three core themes are addressed: Strategy and the wider environment in HE, Tools and techniques, and CPD activity, linked to our own personal objectives.
A typical agenda for the residentials includes self-managed optional Special Interest Groups (SIG), which are held at 11:00 on Day 1 for 90 mins. Outcomes from SIG discussions are often shared with the whole group in the main meeting. Main programme sessions are usually led by guest speakers or a group member, making use of the considerable expertise across the group. Networking time is built into each of the 24 hour’s meeting to allow for 1:1s and group discussion.
Membership fee and benefits
For the 2021/22 academic year, the first membership for each institution is £600. Benefits comprise:
- attendance at two 24-hour residential meetings each year (October and June)
- attendance at two virtual days’ worth of meetings for yourself and others from your institution*
- membership of the JISC list for anyone from your institution*
- access to the ODHE Network archive of previous sessions and other resources for anyone from your institution*
- informal catch-up meetings (with speakers/themes where requested) on months we don’t have a physical meeting for anyone from your institution*
Second and subsequent memberships from the same institution will be charged at £500, enabling the additional member(s) to attend two residential events. It is also possible to join part-way through the year if necessary.
* There is an expectation that those engaging with the Network will have OD as part of their role or are being introduced to it as a way of thinking and operating.
How to join
To join the ODHE Network, please contact Sophie Lovejoy via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18-19th October 2018, De Vere Selsdon Estate, South Croydon
- 7-8th February 2019, Lancaster House Hotel, Lancaster
- 13-14th June 2019, Roffey Park, Horsham
- 3rd – 4th October 2019, Belton Woods Hotel, Grantham
- 27th – 28th February 2020, Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
- 11th – 12th June 2020 – online event
- 8th and 9th October 2020 – online event
- 25th – 26th February 2021 – online event
- 10th – 11th June 2021 – online event